The Freedom Center welcomes applications from individuals dedicated to providing superior customer service in many areas, including fitness, front desk, aquatics, group and aquatic exercise, childcare and specific programming (including youth sport and arts/education camps, programs for special populations, etc.) Successful staff members know how to work in a team environment and are supportive of each other as well as our members and guests.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with employment related questions.
- Current Openings -
for full descriptions and to apply go to jobs.gmu.edu
- Tennis Instructor (Tuesdays 5:00pm-8:00pm)
- Gymnastics Instructor
- Water Safety Instructors
- Manager on Duty
- Camp Counselors for Summer 2015
Camps will begin on June 19, 2015, and end August 28, 2015. Counselors must be available to work until at least August 17, 2015. Counselors are the primary caregivers for each camper.
- Assist in the planning, development and implementation of daily camp activities that guide campers in their personal growth and daily living skills;
- Assist in the direction, supervision and organization of campers in their camper group within activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes;
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior; and
- Maintain continuous supervision of campers.
- Must be 18 years of age prior to June 8, 2015;
- Attend mandatory training June 8-18, 2015;
- Applicants must have two letters of recommendation, a resume, and cover letter on file prior to interview;
- Have the desire and ability to enjoy working with children of all ages;
- Be respectful and sensitive to a diverse group of campers;
- Have current First Aid/Adult and Child CPR certification by June 8, 2015 (certification must be valid through August 2015); and
- Provide negative tuberculosis (TB) test results that are valid through August 2015.
- This position is subject to a criminal background investigation. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of this process
Interested in becoming a Lifeguard or Water Safety Instructor?
Get certified at Freedom!
All positions are subject to a Criminal Background Investigation.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of this process.