Here are a few points we ask our members and guests to remember when visiting the Freedom Center. View our complete Member Handbook (PDF).
- Paying the admission fee entitles daily members to enjoy Freedom’s available facilities, group fitness classes, programs and activities for that day. While members may depart and reenter the Center at any time, daily members will not be readmitted after they leave the facility unless they pay an additional daily fee.
- Children under the age of 12 remain on the first floor of the Center and must be accompanied and supervised by an adult unless they are in Kid Kare or participating in a Center-sponsored program. Exceptions: children twelve years old and older may use the 2nd floor track.
- In the pool area, children under 12 must be accompanied by their parents. Parents must be within arms reach of any children under 5 years of age; parents with children between 5 and 11 years of age may supervise their activities from the pool deck. Only United States Coast Guard approved flotation devices are permitted. Other flotation devices (floaties, inflatables, noodles et.al.) are not permitted.
- Youth 16 and above may use the entire facility.
- Visitors are required to wear appropriate sports attire for the activity area being used. General guidelines follow:
- 2nd floor except for classrooms & wellness resource area – no denim; only closed toe fitness shoes unless in Yoga or Pilates; no swimsuits; and participants must keep shirts on.
- Pool and Spa – appropriate swim attire, i.e. lined swim suits (men & boys), no thong swim attire, no “running” shorts, no street clothes.
- Men and women’s changing rooms are available for daily use and are complete with saunas and free locker space. Visitors are responsible for locking items in the lockers (key locks are available for purchase at the front desk) and removing them at the end of the day’s visit.
- Visitors accompanied by children of the opposite sex over 4 years of age are required to use the Family Changing Rooms located near the main entrance to the pool area.
- The Freedom Center is not responsible for lost or stolen articles
- Food items may not be brought into the Freedom Center. Food purchased from the Freedom vending machines is permitted in the Lobby and break-out area only. Water and sports drinks in sealable plastic containers may be brought into the facility. No food is allowed on the 2nd floor.
- No commercial or other private “for profit” activity may be conducted in or on the Freedom Aquatic & Fitness Center premises without prior written approval from Center management.
Inclement Weather Policy
When weather is inclement, please call 703.993.8444 to find out Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center hours of operation and program schedule for the day.
If the center is open, some programs and services (such as instructional fee classes, group fitness classes, Kid Kare, Massage and Personal Training appointments) may be canceled. Decisions for daytime instructional fee classes (through 4:00 p.m.) will be made by 8:00 am, and for evening classes (4:00 p.m. to closing) by 3:00 p.m.
Whenever possible, we will attempt to schedule make-up time for fee classes canceled due to inclement weather. Please note that we will not issue refunds or credits unless two or more classes per session are canceled due to inclement weather or other facility closure (for sessions of 6 classes or more).